Join Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Plodder at our popular, once-a-year group run or walk through the famous holiday light displays of Peacock Lane.
Residents of Portland’s Christmas street have been decorating their charming tudor-style houses with lights and lawn vignettes every holiday season for decades. It’s a four city blocks of old-fashioned holiday spirit!
Traffic through the Peacock Lane can be thick and ponderous, so on foot is the best way to take it all in!
- What: PRC’s Annual Peacock Lane Run
- Where: Meet at Portland Running Company, 800 SE Grand Ave., Portland, OR 97214. There’s a map of the route below. (It’s about 4 miles.)
- When: Thursday, December 20th. Runners and walkers will depart in waves beginning at 6 PM. Hang around the store afterwards for hot drinks, cookies, and a raffle.
- Why: To spread good cheer!
- Who: Everyone is welcome, strollers, too. Please leave the dog at home.
- How: Dress for the weather and wear reflective gear and lights if you have them. Lots of folks wear antlers, stocking caps, elf outfits….
It’s the most wonderful run of the year! We hope to see you there.
Here are a few things you might want to bring: